School History

  

BACKGROUND

SCHOOL LOCATION
ST. Thomas Moore Riang’ombe sec school is a sub county day and boarding public
secondary school situated in the serene Chepng’ombe Settlement scheme, in Nyamira
County. It is located 17 Km Keroka town along Keroka – Mecheo – Manga road.
The school is in a region that experiences a fair weather throughout the year. The
geographical coordinates for this school is-8.838495(latitude), 35.00293 (longitude).
BRIEF HISTORY OF THE SCHOOL
The school was started in the year 1976 by the Catholic Diocese of Kisii at Riang’ombe
D.O.K primary school grounds. In 1983 it was relocated to its present ground. In 1986, the
Government through TSC posted the first TSC head teacher.
The school’s population has grown over years. The current student population stands as at
430 students. 90% of the students are from Borabu sub county, the remaining 10 % fromother counties.

Teachers

LIST OF TEACHERS

1.

Mr. Jared Monyancha- principal

2.

Mr. John Ocharo- deputy principal

3.

Mr. …

read more